- Miss Perry (Head of Department)
- Mr P Boyd
Each class will have two 45 minute periods of PE each week.
|TERM 1||TERM 2||TERM 3|
Summer Games (e.g. rounders)
Rugby (including tag rugby)
Swimming (Year 8 only)
Each class will have one 45 minute period of PE each week
An extension of KS3 activities with the addition of Health Related Physical Education (H.R.P.E.).
OCN Level 2 Certificate and/or Extended Certificate in Sport
Learners will have the opportunity to:
• develop skills and knowledge applicable across a range of sports and active leisure activities
• prepare for entry into employment in the sports and active leisure industries
• progress to further/higher education
The benefits of exercise and physical activity cannot be overstated. They are both positive for physical health, mental wellbeing and resilience. Hence, the career opportunities in today’s society, within the sport and leisure industry have greatly expanded.
- Armed Forces
- Community and Youth Work
- Outdoor Education
- Occupational Therapy
- Sports Broadcasting and Journalism
- Sports Development
- Sports Management
- Sports Marketing
- Sports Psychology
- Sports Science
- Teaching in Sport
On the school campus, there is a sportshall, gymnasium, assembly hall and 2 gravel pitches.
We also use Ards Blair Mayne Wellbeing and Leisure Complex and Londonderry Park facilities.